Monday, May 17, 2010

Changing

After all these months, all this time, so much has happened. The talks, the phone calls, the laughs, the feelings. If I were to look back, I would never believe that that person was once me. I wouldn’t recognize that girl because she’s so different from who I am now. But I guess changing and moving on is part of growing up. I’m growing up and finding out what kind of person I want to be for the rest of my life. And maybe in the future, more changes will come, but as for right now, this is who I’m proud to be.

Some things don’t last for ever, but some things do. Like a good song, or a good book, or a good memory you can take out and unfold in your darkest times, pressing down the corners and peering in close, hoping you still recognise the person you see there.

-This Lullaby, Sarah Dessen

0 comments: