Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I was The Purple Ink Spoiler Before I Became Virgiliadoracion.

Yes, I had a different identity before I became the Prince Charming-obsessed person that I am today.

Well, it’s not exactly a different identity but just a different pen name. But still, when you’re a writer, your pen name embodies the type of writer—the type of person—that you are. When you’re a writer, your pen name is your identity.

Back when I was in highschool, I was a feature writer for our school paper and because we were required to use a pen name and because of a lack of ideas for a very cool one, I resorted to being the Purple Ink Spoiler. So lame, I know.

I know you’ve been wondering how I became Virgiliadoracion. I got that from my second name Virda which was taken from the names of my grandmothers Virgilia and Adoracion. I love that I was named after two of the greatest women I’ve ever known. But then again, my second name sounds so…so…Birdy. Whatever that means.

Anyways, when I entered college, I ran out of Purple Ink (not literally, of course) and finally embraced the awesome and chirpy Virda me.

I just remembered that this blog Counting Down the Days Until I Meet Him has turned one already. I still remember that time when I locked myself inside my room for one day after discovering that my first blog account has been hacked. Completely hacked and lost all my posts. I guess that was also one of the reasons why I had to say goodbye to the Purple Ink Spoiler. She only will make me remember my beloved first blog. I had to let go and reinvent myself. And now Virgiliadoracion is one! I can’t believe how fast we’re heading towards 2012! OH NO (I was being sarcastic, puhleez, I don’t believe in that bullshark of a theory, and by the way, the movie was such a waste of time…HEE).

But I have to admit that I do miss the Purple Ink Spoiler. So in memory of her, the budding hopeless romantic who was eventually going to become the Queen of Hopeless Romantics, I’m going to post one of her poems I found laying around my long-forgotten treasures.

I think this was written when I was in first year highschool. Notice the rhymes of the poem. And the words that were obviously right-clicked in Microsoft Word. It’s so, so FTW! Hahaha.

All Because of That Stare
by The Purple Ink Spoiler


I look at you, you look at me
Something is not right, everyone can see
So here I go pretending like I don’t care
But truth is, I don’t know: maybe I’m falling back in-love, all because of that stare.

I have to act like nothing about you matters
But the sight of you within me never , ever alters
I have to make myself believe that you can never be for me
But when you give me just one smile, it’s only you that I see.

How many times have I slapped my face?
To turn to reality and not let myself linger upon the days?—
When you say there can never be another person but me for you,
When you say that your love for me is true.

Every single moment when I see you with her,
It is the awful things that I immediately remember,
But when I’d catch you looking from afar,
It’s like you’re telling me that you haven’t healed that scar.

Why do you keep doing this to me?
With her beside you, you should be happy.
I have already accepted long ago that it’s over,
But now I need to conceal beneath the cover,
So that you won’t see the hurt I’m going through,
All because of the confusion I feel from the stares I get from you.

You once told me that setting me free would be what’s best
So I gave you a smile and turned around, with a profound burden on my chest.
It wasn’t easy to understand what you have done
But eventually I learned to accept that I was never the one.

So in time I went on with my life
And I was glad because after you, I rarely dealt with strife
I made the most out of what I can do
And started finding that bit which is true.

And then one day you came back
I wasn’t prepared, and I divulge that was what I lack
All that used to be came drifting to me once more
And it shocked me since I thought I have totally closed my door.

But mustering all the courage that I have over time reclaimed,
While enlightening myself that I shouldn’t be blamed:
Here I am, telling you that it is too late for us to ever be together again,
And that all you can do is hold on to her ‘til God knows when.
I have to admit that it pains me a lot to say this,
But if I keep tolerating my feelings life can never be bliss.

I should do what’s right,
For no matter what I do I will never win the fight.
Because I have let you go a long time ago,
And actually, you just no longer are the person that I used to know.



THIS POEM IS DEFINITELY FICTION!
Okay, with bits from my own experiences.
Haha.


Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, whoever you are.
Here's to more years of blogging.
:)

0 comments: